You may be invited through the Site to send INITIAL personal data, for example to create a quotation/contact request, to order products or to subscribe to the newsletter.
INITIAL may need to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site, pursuant to the conditions described in greater detail below under “Cookies”.
Right of access, correction, erasure and opposition to processing
You have the right of access, correction and erasure of the personal information concerning you, as well as the option to oppose the processing of this data, which you can exercise at any time by emailing the following address: email@example.com.
You also have the right to bring a claim before a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place where the alleged breach took place, if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you constitutes a breach of the applicable regulations.
INITIAL’s management of personal data
Purposes of data collection
INITIAL processes data relating to you via the Site. This data is necessary for the following purposes:
1) Management of your subscription to the newsletter (subscriptions and subscription cancellations),
2) Processing and monitoring of your product orders placed on the Site,
3) Compiling of anonymous statistics on visits to the Site,
4) Permitting access to certain functionalities of the Site,
5) Sending you information on products and/or services and marketing material,
6) Carrying out surveys and research.
Data is retained for a period not exceeding the duration necessary for the purposes for which it was collected:
• For management of your subscription to the newsletter: INITIAL retains the data for three years from the date of last contact. In the event that you unsubscribe, INITIAL will stop sending you newsletters.
• For product/service orders: the collected data is retained for the requirements of processing your order, and then for the period of time necessary for establishing proof of a right or a contract; this data may be archived in accordance with the provisions of the Commercial Code relating to the duration of retention of books and documents created during commercial activities and the provisions of the Consumer Code relating to the retention of electronically signed contracts.
Recipients of the data
Your personal data is intended for the INITIAL departments involved in your requests. However:
When you order a product through the Site, the personal data that you send for fulfilment of the order is intended for INITIAL or its subcontractors responsible for processing said order.
Under no circumstances is there any transfer outside Europe and INITIAL only passes on your personal data in the following cases:
- If INITIAL has to share this information with third parties to provide you with the service that you have requested, or
- If INITIAL is ordered by a judicial authority or any other administrative authority to provide the information to it, or
- If you have given your prior consent for this information to be shared.
INITIAL has made every endeavour to put in place reasonable precautions to preserve the confidentiality and security of processed personal data and to prevent it from being altered, damaged or destroyed and to avoid unauthorised third parties having access thereto. Technical and organisational security measures have been introduced for this purpose.
INITIAL cannot however control all internet-related risks and draws users’ attention to the existence of potential risks inherent to its use and operation.
INITIAL places the utmost importance on the protection and security of its information systems.
Tools have been put in place to enable INITIAL to detect any security flaws. This may incidentally require security teams to have access to personal data. This data will be collected and processed for the exclusive purposes of management of these security flaws and in compliance with the applicable regulations on personal data protection.
If the event of a confidentiality requirement, it is recommended that you ask INITIAL to sign a confidentiality agreement and you are advised not to submit “.stl” files deemed confidential by the website.
Cookies or similar devices
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that can be stored in a specific part of your electronic equipment’s hard disk when you access an online service via your browser. A cookie allows its issuer to identify the terminal on which it is stored throughout the duration of validity or storage of the cookie.
Whenever you visit the Site, INITIAL may need to install various cookies, subject to your preferences.
The cookies will be used by INITIAL to speed up your browsing experience on the site, to allow traceability of sessions and to retain the information collected. Cookies help INITIAL to see how the site is used and allow improvements and updates to be made to the website based on data gathered by the cookies (such as the number of users visiting the site). All users can object to cookies being stored by configuring their browser so that it warns them before any cookies are installed. They can even refuse the installation of any cookies if such a functionality is included in their browser. A refusal to authorise cookies may prevent the site from operating correctly. When you visit our site www.initial.fr, cookies are used in three specific instances:
- To facilitate your browsing experience on the site (keeping a record of your session or your connection settings and detecting your configuration when you access our site in order to adapt layout and contents in accordance with this);
- To simplify the sharing of content from this site to social and community platforms;
- To measure in detail the activity of our visitors to the site
Under no circumstances are cookies used for advertising purposes or transmitted to third parties for usages differing from those listed above. Users can also find out more about cookies on the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) website (in French only): Cookies: tools to manage them.
Updates to the personal data policy
Initial reserves the right to make amendments to its privacy protection policy and undertakes to post these changes on its website. We therefore encourage you to consult our site regularly to stay informed of the latest updates.
If you have any questions or queries regarding our data protection policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the contact form.