Product design office
From initial specifications to industrial scale productionSince it was set up in 1991, the INITIAL design office has become a benchmark for product development.
Our team of engineers and design engineers possess extensive expertise in designing products, combined with an innovative approach.
Your ideas come to life through our CAD software.
Our responsiveness is essential to your projects.
Our internal production capacities mean you are guaranteed to produce quality prototypes to develop your proof-of-concept models.
The experience of Initial ensures that you receive end-to-end support on your 3D printing project.
Creating and seeking new concepts
- Creativity / brainstorming sessions.
- Design proposals and partial modelling of solutions developed.
- Assessment of each solution compared to the specifications, in the form of an ideas book.
- Analysis of manufacturing technologies and materials required.
- Detailed ideas book with relevant comments on each concept.
- 3D modelling to integrate component dimensional requirements, kinematics.
- Concept evaluation mock-up to validate feasibility.
Aesthetics of design and graphics
- Step 1: Aesthetics of design and graphics
We propose an aesthetic design approach to enhance the attractiveness of your product.
- Step 2: Aesthetic development
Using the aesthetic proposals selected and your preferences, we jointly develop the definitive product design.
The design is then 3D-modelled with perspectives and rendered in digital images.
- Step 3: Aesthetic mock-up
Using the product design surfaces and with the support of our dedicated additive manufacturing unit, we build an aesthetic mock-up to validate the final volume and ergonomic features.
This phase is the final phase before the development and industrial production of your product.
Full development of your project
- Specifications: we provide our expertise to help define the requirements impacting the product and its functions.
- Feasibility study: 3D rendering of the idea with assessment of designs, production processes and materials.
This helps you to make the right decisions and build an aesthetic or functional mock-up depending on your needs.
- Pre-design: design rendered in 3D CAD file with integration of production processes, materials and product architectures, part die-casting depending on technologies; includes an evaluation of the upstream production cost.
- Design: detailed CAD modelling of functions with integration of serial production requirements. Finalised by a production file (assessment of functional sequences, detailed drawings, bill of materials, calculation reports, etc.).
- Behavioural analysis and optimisation: we dimension your parts throughout the development process using a digital simulation solution and our expertise in materials and production technologies.
A team comprising fifteen engineers and project managers offers great flexibility to kick off your projects swiftly. We can distribute the project to several teams to speed up completion, with coordination provided by a project manager as your single point of contact.
- Experience in multiple technologies: sheet metalwork, stamping, machining, thermoplastic injection moulding.
- We have sufficient experience to deliver multi-sectoral expertise to your project.
- Mechatronic services: within our Global Offering we propose design services (style guidelines, ergonomics, etc.), electronics, design, development, production of functional prototype mock-ups and small series, ending with serial production of your project.
- The diversity of the technologies available in our workshops means our know-how covers multiple technologies and materials.
We invariably opt for the most suitable solution for your project.
We use specialist software that optimise what can be done with a 3D CAD file: